Friday 21 November 2008

Weekly Update #2

Hello and welcome to the second weekly round up. Still playing WoW and EQ2 at the moment. Quite a bit of WoW stuff to talk about and not so much EQ2 stuff, so lets get that out of the way first.

EQ2 - Dinged 40. Unfortunately, that's about it in terms of what I've done in EQ2 this week and I did that in one short session. Other than that I've logged on a couple of times to check auctions and stuff is not selling anywhere near as quickly as I'd like it to. I may have to stop levelling and go resource collecting for a bit and then stick the mats up for sale. I don't mind doing that when the money eventually comes in but the actual harvesting is pretty boring for me.

It was of course a major week for EQ2 with the release of The Shadow Odyssey expansion. Not a massive deal for me as its really aimed at players in the end game but at the same time having looked at what it brings and what people have blogged about it I'm really looking forward to getting to have a go at some of the dungeons etc.

In terms of plans for the week I'm slightly split, I can either carry on levelling and maybe replace bits of equipment I can afford and wait till post 50 (when hopefully I've got a bit more cash) before I go for a complete equipment refit or I can spend some time farming but slow down my levelling and get the level 42 mastercrafted set. Not sure which way I'm going to go yet but with the speed of levelling I think perhaps I'll push on into the 50s and then worry about equipment unless it becomes obvious that the level 32 mastercrafted set is actively holding me back.

WoW - Dinged 72 yesterday and I'm now about a quarter of the way to 73, I've cleared all but about 10 quests in Howling Fjord. I've also run both the Nexus and Utgarde Keep successfully. However, probably the biggest news of the week for me was that I've changed guilds. My old guild has been slowly decreasing in numbers and only a 3 or 4 members of the guild had purchased Wrath, so it was pretty obvious that if I wanted to see the majority group content in Wrath without PUGs and the associated problems (although, not all PUGs are bad) I was going to need to change guild. So when a friend that I know a little from outside the game asked if I was interested in joining his bigger and more active guild I jumped at the chance. Didn't stop me from feeling bad about leaving the old guild though, although the fact that there was nobody on to say goodbye to in peak playing hours kinda said it all really. Hopefully, I'll still see them around and group from time to time. :)

I've been quite interested this week on the discussions around whether Wrath is too easy and as I've got only the smallest amount of raid experience I'm not really in a position to comment. Personally, I'm not too concerned whether it is or isn't easy as by the time that I hit the raiding scene its likely that the raid group I'm with will be able to breeze through it because they've already done it a ton of times. However, I would like to know if they're fun or not, if I'm going to be doing runs regularly for drops then if its no fun I'm not interested, simple as that for me. Being completely realistic I think my end game activities are more likely to be centered around the heroics than the raids. I've not really heard any talk yet on how the heroics are at 80, would be interested to hear some comments on that.

Plans for the week are to keep on levelling - its looking unlikely that I'll have a lot of time this week, so I think as long as I hit 73 before the 7 days are out I'll be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment